Centre for Legal Analysis of the Common Agricultural Policy
Established in February 2020, the Centre for Legal Analysis of the Common Agricultural Policy (CLACAP) is a scientific research body of The Institute of Law Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences, focusing on the legal issues of the European Union’s agricultural policy (Common Agricultural Policy – CAP).
The main tasks of the Centre include:
- to carry out research on the Common Agricultural Policy and on the effects of the implementation of this policy on the legal orders of EU Member States;
- to prepare its own legal analysis and opinions, and also commissioned works, in the field of agricultural and food legislation of the European Union;
- to establish, maintain and coordinate cooperation with national and foreign research centres in order to conduct legal studies on the agricultural and food legislation of the European Union;
- to cooperate with national and EU institutions in assessing the current state of EU agricultural legislation, development perspectives and the impact on the legislation of EU Member States;
- to promote the legal aspects of the CAP (by organizing scientific conferences, popular science events, etc.).
The concept of the Centre is based on openness in establishing research cooperation with national and foreign research centres.