Department of Agricultural and Food Law
Main areas of research
I. Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) – legal aspects
- The legal basis for CAP in the Treaty of the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU);
- The relationship between the internal market and the CAP;
- Rules of competition in the agricultural sector;
- State aid in the agricultural sector;
- Direct payments;
- Legal aspects of the functioning of the common organisation of the agricultural markets;
- Structural policy under the CAP – legal context.
II. Food law
- General principles of food law;
- Quantitative restrictions and measures with an equivalent effect in agricultural trade;
- Safeguard clauses in food law;
- New food products;
- Food supplements;
- Food labelling.
III. International agricultural law
- The international trade of agricultural products;
- Agriculture in WTO negotiations;
- The human right to food;
- Food aid and the issue of poverty in international law.
IV. Theory of agricultural law
- The specifics of agricultural legal regulations – theoretical aspects;
- Methods of interpreting agricultural law;
- The legal concept of an agricultural farm;
- Agricultural real estate transactions.